A Manifesto by Hugh MacLeod. The full version can be found at changethis.com.
3. Put the hours in.
1. Ignore everybody.
8. Companies that squelch creativity can no longer compete with companies that champion creativity.
11. Don't try to stand out from the crowd; avoid crowds altogether.
13. Never compare your inside with somebody else's outside
17. Merit can be bought, passion cant.
18. Avoid the watercooler gang.
“The ﬁrst rule of business,” he said, chuckling at my naiveté, “is never sell something you love. Otherwise, you may as well be selling your children.”
"The more you need the money, the more people will tell you what to do. The less control you will have. The more bullshit you will have to swallow. The less joy it will bring. Know this and plan accordingly."
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment